Why is this important?
This 34 page report provides a concise summary of the size and major characteristics of the corporate wellness services industry in the U.S. It is important because it is one of the few well-researched and quantitively strong examinations of the scope, characteristics and business performance of the corporate wellness industry.
The report provides a great deal of information about market size and the external drivers that are likely to shape the future growth of the industry. The current overall size of the industry was estimated to be $7.8 Billion in 2016 and is projected to have a future annual growth rate of 7.8% for the next five years. However, this growth will likely be affected in a major way by the level of corporate profits, the rates of growth in health plan coverage and cost, the number of employees in the labor force and the prevalence of modifiable health risk factors.
The report provides validation and credibility of the size and importance of the industry to the U.S. employer community and identifies a range of key characteristics for industry analysis.
What can you do with this resource?
Here’s what you could do with this article:
- Send this report or selected highlights to company executives that play a key role in budgeting for corporate wellness programming.
- Share selected highlights from the report with all Wellness staff and volunteers.
- Share selected insights with your HR manager and/or benefits manager
- Write it up as a short piece for briefing employees and managers about the projection of a 7.8% average growth rate for wellness programming.
- Examine the report for any trend factors that should help shape your own program’s evolution.
- Use the summary information on the industry to help others understand its credibility and importance.
What was the most important thing I learned from this resource?
The most important thing I learned from this article is…. California and New York have a disproportionately high concentration of the nation’s 549 corporate wellness vendors.
In summary, this is an excellent, recent overview of the size and characteristics of the corporate wellness services industry in the U.S.